You find a map at the bottom of the page.
- If you arrive by air at Munich Airport, the easiest way into the city is by S-Bahn. Take S1 or S8 in the basement of Terminal 1 and get down-town in approximately 40 minutes. Tickets must be purchased at the ticket machines (ground floor near the escalators to the S-Bahn station). If you travel alone, you might want to buy an adult single day ticket (all zones) - if you are a group of two or more (up to five), you should buy an adult partner ticket (all zones). Tickets must be validated (stamped) before entering the trains.
- If you get to Munich by train, you can choose to buy either a single ride ticket, a day ticket, or a partner day ticket (for groups up to five) - or even three-day versions of these. Munich main station and LMU are located in the inner district, so "Innenraum" tickets are sufficient for getting from the train to the conference venue. For more info visit www.mvv-muenchen.de.
The official website of the city of Munich is www.muenchen.de, where you find information about the cultural life in Munich and a link to the tourist information. Here are some more links that might be useful.
- the Munich tourist office - online and with opening hours
- the official hotel booking service of the Munich tourist office
- general information about finding your way around Munich on the Transport Portal
- Munich sights, some suggestions
- and the Wikipedia entry about Munich, for the sake of completeness